学生贷款资料 & 形式
There are two types of Federal Direct Loans available to students:
1. 补贴贷款 - awarded to students with demonstrated financial need as determined by Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) results. The federal 政府ernment pays the interest on the loan while the student is in school at least half-time, 在宽限期内, 在延期期间. Repayment begins six months after leaving school or dropping below half-time enrollment.
2. 未受资助的贷款 -不是基于经济需要. The borrower is responsible for paying the interest on the loan from the time the loan is disbursed. 学生 can choose to pay the interest while attending school or can allow the interest to accrue.
Direct Loan interest rates are determined each June for new loans being made for the upcoming award year and posted online at StudentAid.政府.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours in an eligible degree program in required coursework;
- Not be in default on a student loan;
- 做一个U.S. 公民或符合条件的非公民;
- Have a 高中 Diploma or GED/HiSet 证书;
- Have valid social security number;
- Not owe a refund on any Title IV program;
- Be making satisfactory academic progress;
- Have signed a statement on the FAFSA certifying that federal student aid will only be used for educational purposes
The amount of loan you may request is based on your classification (freshman or sophomore) and your status (dependent or independent as determined by the FAFSA). It is recommended that you borrow only what is necessary. 学生 may receive less than the annual maximum amounts, since students cannot borrow more than the cost of attendance minus any other financial aid received.
申请步骤 for Federal Direct Loans:
完成 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). List 十大赌博正规老平台 (School Code: 002468作为你的学校(如果可能的话), students should use unaltered IRS data imported into the FAFSA using the IRS data transfer feature on the FAFSA.
If the results of your processed FAFSA indicate you are selected for verification, submit the appropriate documents via the online portal at http://JEFFCO.的作用.org.
- If you are a first-time borrower, complete 贷款入学辅导. You will need your FSA ID and password to complete the Entrance 咨询. If you have misplaced your FSA ID and/or password, please visit StudentAid.政府 来检索它.
- If you are a first-time borrower or do not already have an active Master Promissory Note (或然数) on file with the Department of 教育, complete a 或然数. You will need your FSA ID and password to complete the 或然数. If you have misplaced your FSA ID and/or password, please visit StudentAid.政府 来检索它.
- Submit a completed 贷款申请表格 indicating the amount you wish to borrow to the 十大赌博正规老平台 金融援助 Office. Once your request for loan funds is processed, you will receive notification of the approved loan amount. The Department of 教育 will also send you a notice.
There is an origination fee on Direct 补贴 and 未受资助的贷款s. The loan fee is an expense of borrowing one of these loans. The loan fee is a percentage of the amount of each loan the borrower receives and is subtracted proportionately from each loan disbursement. Loan fees are established by the Department of 教育 and posted online at StudentAid.政府.
Loan 支付s are not released until a student has attended the first 30 days of the semester, 是否分两期支付, 直接送到学校. If prior to disbursement you wish to reduce or cancel your student loan, complete the Request to Reduce/Cancel 金融援助 form.